Dear Irish American Business Chamber & Network, Inc. Members,
I am nervous and honored to participate in the Delco Gaels‘ 2019 8th Annual Dancing Like a Star Competition and fundraiser at the Springfield Country Club on February 22, 2019. This event will again help fund the Delaware County Gaels Youth Athletic Club, one of the largest clubs in America promoting the Irish Culture to children through our Gaelic Sports. Dancing like a Star helps raise funds for the entire club and is a fantastic social night for all the adults that attend.
I am dancing this year with Amy Wegner, a much more accomplished dancer than me, but has the patience to guide me through some difficult steps! We need your help with the fundraising section and hopefully come home to cheer me on. Our great choreographers will help me with the dancing, as well as getting help from my 11-year-old daughter and Amy.
• Philadelphia St. Patricks Day Parade annual fundraiser: Trip to Ireland
Win a Trip for 2 to Ireland – Value is $ 7,000.00 – OR – $5,000.00 in cash.
Ticket cost is $ 20.00
The winner will be announced at their Awards Ceremony on Wednesday April 27th, 2019. These make great gifts! Purchase tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address, and phone and Michael Bradley will email them to you
• The parade will be on March 10, 2019, not on St. Patricks Day March 17th.
• Congratulations to the new officers of the St Patricks Day Observance Association, 2018 – 2019:
Chaplain: Fr. Kevin J. Gallagher
Chaplain: Sister James Anne Feerick I.H.M.
President: John A. Stevenson
1st Vice President: Joseph M. Fox
2nd Vice President: Mary Beth Ryan
Parade Director: Michael J. Bradley, Jr.
Treasurer: Harry J. Marnie
Recording Secretary: Hon, James Murray Lynn
Corresponding Secretary: Karen Boyce McCollum
• Philadelphia St. Patricks Day Parade Grand Marshal and Theme Nominations
Grand Marshal Nominations – In order to be considered, you will have to submit the entry through emails or regular mail. The nominating committee will then submit the information to the board for review. The nomination must have information about the person submitting the nomination including name, address, phone and email address. Background biography or resume sheet on the qualifications of why the person should be Grand Marshal are needed. Nominations will be accepted from the general public starting October 16 and will end at 5:00 PM on October 30th.
Theme Nominations – Remember, it has to fit on a banner, and groups try to plan their groups, floats, and dance routines relating to the Theme. In order to be considered, you will have to submit the entry through emails or regular mail. The nominating committee will then submit the information to our board for review. Nominations will be accepted from the general public also starting October 16 and end at 5:00 PM on October 30th.
Please send both the Theme and/or Grand Marshal Nomination to email@example.com or St. Patricks Day Observance Association, PO Box 36629, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Both the Grand Marshal and Theme will be voted on at the November Board meeting.
St. Patricks Day Observance Association
PO Box 36629
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Congratulations to Irish Chamber members named to the Irish Small Business Big Impact 50! We had a wonderful night celebrating the contributions of Irish and Irish American Business owners and operators from across the U.S.
– Brian & Jenn Cleary of McKenna’s Kitchen and Market
– Daniel Cronin of Chorus Commindications
– Ed Brennan of The Brennan Collective
– Ed Sullivan of Trust Exchange
– Jack Glacken of TGI (Today’s Graphics, Inc.)
– Jim Logue of ThermOmegaTech
– Joe Callahan of Ciright
– Kate Shields of Vault Communications
– Kathy Bellwoar of PPT Consulting
– Kathy Brunner of Acumen Analytics, Inc
– Kevin Connor of Modern Strategic Branding + Communications
– Marion Ryder of Plough & the Stars
– Norbert McGettigan of Impact Dimensions
– Paul Murtagh of Murtagh Brothers, Inc
– Ron Kerins of GREYHAWK
– Shannon Breur & Don Riley of Wiley Group
– Shawn Swords of Irish American Films
– Susan Stipa of McDAY
– Tom Coffey of United Floral Service
Ahead of CPhI North America a delegation of Irish companies with services in the Pharma space are visiting Phildelphia, supported by Enterprise Ireland.
Come along on Monday April 23rd to meet innovators in the Irish Pharma space and network. Click HERE to register.