Congratulations to long-time board member and former Taoiseach Award honorees, Jim & Jacki Delaney, on be named the 2018 recipients of the American Catholic Historical Society‘s Barry Award.
Philadelphia beat out every other city in the U.S. for quality of life for the cost, according to San Francisco-based Varo Money Inc.
The mobile banking startup surveyed more than 1,000 people over the age of 18. According to their results, 56 percent of Philadelphians said that the city had the best price tag for quality of life, and 73 percent stated that they could afford the lifestyle they wanted.
Overall, Philadelphia gained the top spot for quality of life over other big U.S. cities like San Francisco, New York City, and Chicago.
“For companies thinking about relocating or opening a satellite office, these survey results provide extremely useful data,” said Colin Walsh, co-founder and CEO of Varo Money, in a Philadelphia Business Journal article. “Quality of life — including financial considerations — is a huge benefit for companies across industries, and this survey hits some of the most critical factors.”
Congratulations to Irish Chamber members named to the Irish Small Business Big Impact 50! We had a wonderful night celebrating the contributions of Irish and Irish American Business owners and operators from across the U.S.
– Brian & Jenn Cleary of McKenna’s Kitchen and Market
– Daniel Cronin of Chorus Commindications
– Ed Brennan of The Brennan Collective
– Ed Sullivan of Trust Exchange
– Jack Glacken of TGI (Today’s Graphics, Inc.)
– Jim Logue of ThermOmegaTech
– Joe Callahan of Ciright
– Kate Shields of Vault Communications
– Kathy Bellwoar of PPT Consulting
– Kathy Brunner of Acumen Analytics, Inc
– Kevin Connor of Modern Strategic Branding + Communications
– Marion Ryder of Plough & the Stars
– Norbert McGettigan of Impact Dimensions
– Paul Murtagh of Murtagh Brothers, Inc
– Ron Kerins of GREYHAWK
– Shannon Breur & Don Riley of Wiley Group
– Shawn Swords of Irish American Films
– Susan Stipa of McDAY
– Tom Coffey of United Floral Service
Aramark Named a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), a global leader in food, facilities management and uniforms, was once again named to DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for diversity list.
“We are proud to be recognized by DiversityInc as a Top 50 company and share this honor with our 270,000 associates around the world,” said Lynn McKee, Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Aramark. “The strength and success of our company is fueled by our diverse team members who proudly represent many different backgrounds, perspectives, talents, beliefs and values.”