Entercom completes $2.4 billion CBS Radio deal
Conrad O’Brien launches new website.
Aramark announces major acquisitions worth $2 billion-plus
Aramark Corp., in a deviation from its history of relatively small acquisitions in recent decades, said Monday that it will spend $2.35 billion to buy two separate companies, one that manages $5 billion in purchasing for major hotel chains and a second that will expand Aramark’s uniform-rental and linen-supply business in the United States and Canada.
The net cost of the deals, after tax benefits, is expected to be $1.9 billion. Philadelphia-based Aramark said it will issue new debt to pay for the acquisitions.
With Growth & Prosperity for All: A Roadmap for Growth Conference
Hear best practices in how to hire, train and retain professionals from this talent pool, including discussions on engaging returning citizens, working with the immigrant community, neighborhood-based initiatives and onboarding through various TANF training programs.
Speakers to Date:
– Donna Allie, President & Founder, Team Clean, Inc.
– Emily Bittenbender, Managing Partner, Bittenbender Construction
– Patrick Clancy, President & CEO, Philadelphia Works
– Carol Eggert, Senior Vice President, Military and Veteran Affairs, Comcast
– Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-Founder, B Lab
– Mitch Little, Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity, City of Philadelphia
– Joanne McFall, Market President, Keystone First
Tuesday, October 31 2017 | 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Free Library of Philadelphia
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Register today: chmbr.biz/roadmap-conference
Irish Airline To Begin Direct Flights From Philadelphia International
By Steve Tawa
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — More options are landing at Philadelphia International Airport to get you to Ireland, and beyond.
The Luck of the Irish will be smiling on you a week after St. Patrick’s Day, when Irish airline Aer Lingus initiates a direct route between PHL and Dublin.
Aer Lingus spokesman Declan Kearney says it’s a push to further strengthen Dublin Airport as a leading gateway.