Executive Perspectives Pharmaceutical Industry Panel Discussion & International Networking Breakfast – Navigating The Drug Development Process: Taking Your Asset From Lab To Patient
Panel Members Include:
• Leading Panelist: Jane Griffiths, Company Group Chairman, Europe Middle East and Africa EMEA Janssen
• Allison Cacciatore, Director, Engineering Biologics, Genzyme
• Dr.Paul Shields, VP Operations, Enteris BioPharma, Inc.
• Moderator: Dr. Malcolm Burgess, Executive Vice President, ICON Clinical Research, IABCN Board Member
This distinctive symposium provides local pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovators direct access to industry leaders with experience in preparing companies for the scientific, logistical, manufacturing and commercial challenges of taking a promising therapy from lab to the patient. Whether your ultimate goal is securing a partnership or successfully navigating your way through the clinical drug development process on your way to achieving commercial success, this symposium is for you.
This interactive symposium features clinical drug development and commercial industry experts that will discuss the challenges of making medicines here in the US for distribution overseas, and the increasing attention being given to manufacturing products outside the United States.
Still need to pay?
IABCN & PA Bio Members: $40.00
The Union League of Philadelphia
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Directions & Parking Information
Please click HERE.
7.30 am ~ Registration, Networking Breakfast
8.30 ~ Program begins
9.30 ~ Q&A session
10.00 ~ Conclusion of formal program
• Listen to fascinating anecdotes about supplying the flu vaccine during the 2009 pandemic and lessons learned for current pandemics
• Learn how pharmaceutical companies, small and large, deal with making products for China, Brazil, and Africa
• Learn how the FDA’s standards are leveraged by many countries while at the same time other countries often have a distinctly different view regarding quality standards
• Learn how companies who discover new therapies often do not always know how to construct a manufacturing facility that meets regulatory requirements — and how our panelists helped bring those drugs out of the laboratory into the hands of patients
Meet our Speakers
Completing her PhD in Biochemistry at the University of Aberystwyth, UK in 1982, Jane Griffiths has worked her way up the Johnson & Johnson career ladder, starting as a sales representative. The straight-talking Brit is now the first female Company Group Chairman of Janssen in EMEA, the pharmaceutical division of the Johnson & Johnson family. She is responsible for this business across the entire region.
Her personal approach focuses on sustainability, accountability, openness and collaboration, and she is leading Janssen EMEA to live these values. Jane has held a number of senior sales, marketing and R&D positions including International VP for Western Europe and South Africa, and Head of Market Access for Janssen EMEA.
As a senior female executive, Jane acknowledges the tension between family and work. She is a sponsor for the Women’s Leadership Initiative in Janssen and a Senior Advisory Board member of the EMEA Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA). Other industry roles include Chairwoman of the EFPIA Executive Committee and member of the EFPIA Board.
A passionate conservationist, Jane is the founding chair and Executive Sponsor of the Janssen Global Citizenship and Sustainability Council. Jane is also Chair of the Johnson & Johnson Corporate Citizenship Trust in EMEA and a Board member.