It is with great sadness that we share news of the passing of Norbert McGettigan, Sr. Norbert was among our long-standing and most loyal members. He was the first recipient of our Uachtarán Award in 2010. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
Tuesday, August 7th, 6 to 8 PM: Viewing will be at St. Rose of Lima Church
428 S. Main St., North Wales, PA
Wednesday, August 8th, 9:30 to 10:45 AM: Additional viewing at St. Rose of Lima Church
Wednesday, August 8th, 11 AM: Funeral Mass will be celebrated at St. Rose of Lima Church
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Ignatius Nursing & Rehab
Attention: Development Department, 4401 Haverford Avenue, Phila., PA 19104.
Click HERE for further details.
(photo credit: Jeff Meade, IrishPhiladelphia.com)
What they say: Philadelphia Business Journal‘s Best Places to Work, Large Companies
Business type: Biotechnology
“As compared to other environments where I have worked in the past, I feel that the work environment at Spark is superior in terms of how well employees are treated, and also in terms of the humility demonstrated by senior management.”
Business type: Public relations and communications
Location: Plymouth Meeting
“I have never worked at a more caring, driven, motivated, successful and fun agency than Vault Communications. High-caliber talent and high-caliber clients are just a few of the many reasons Vault is the best place to work!”
2018 Veterans of Influence Awards
The Philadelphia Business Journal is seeking the Greater Philadelphia region’s distinguished veterans in business. We encourage veterans of all ages and backgrounds to apply.
Winners will be honored at a special awards breakfast on November 1, 2018. Winners will also be profiled in a special section of the Philadelphia Business Journal released on November 2, 2018.
Click HERE for more details.
Don’t miss Aer Lingus’ Fall Sale!
Experience all that Ireland has to offer. Hurry book by August 15, 2018. Fly from Philadelphia (PHL) to Ireland from $409* Click HERE to book today!
*Travel select dates Nov 5 – Dec 13, 2018. Roundtrip per person, includes air transportation charges, taxes & fees. Restrictions apply.
ICON Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results
• Excluding the impact of ASC 606, record net business wins in the quarter of $600 million; a book to bill of 1.27.
• Excluding the impact of ASC 606, closing backlog of $5.2 billion, an increase of 16% year on year.
• Quarter 2 reported revenue of $641.6 million. Excluding the impact of ASC 606, quarter 2 revenue was $473.9 million, representing a 10% increase year on year.
• Reported income from operations before non-recurring charges was $94.4 million, or 14.7% of revenue. Excluding the impact of ASC 606 income from operations before non-recurring charges was $96.0 million or 20.2% of revenue, a 12% increase year on year.
• Reported earnings per share before non-recurring charges of $1.51. Year to date earnings per share before non-recurring charges of $2.93, an increase of 13% on 2017. Excluding the impact of ASC 606, earnings per share before non-recurring items was $1.54, an 18% increase year on year.
• Revenue guidance increased from a range of $2,520 – $2,640 million to a range of $2,560 – $2,640 million. Earnings guidance increased from a range of $5.91 – $6.11 to a range of $5.98 – $6.12.
Almac Clinical Technologies Releases New Podcast Series Entitled “Spotlight on IRT: Best Practices”