Why Misinformation Spreads on Social Media, presented by the Lepage Center at Villanova University
Join us for a presentation by Jason Steinhauer, Director of the Lepage Center for History in the Public Interest at Villanova University.
Jason will discuss how and why misinformation and disinformation spreads on social media –– and how that has manifested itself during the coronavirus pandemic.
Click HERE for resources discussed by Jason Steinhauer.
9.00 – 10.00 pm: Keynote presentation; Question & Answer session
Presented virtually – link will be sent upon registration.
Contact Alanna Barry McCloskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 215.772.3101
– Test your VIDEO and AUDIO prior to the meeting to make sure everything is working properly. Once the meeting is underway it will be impossible for us to troubleshoot.
– Make sure that you are facing the camera and do not have it facing the side of your face.
– Make sure to mute your line if you are not asking questions.
– Treat this like an “in-person” meeting and make sure you are distraction free.
– Be aware that in a video conference the camera is always on. So if you are distracted, it may be disruptive to others.