Join us for our first virtual networking session! We will learn tricks of trade from our resident networking expert, Bill McLaughlin (Founder & Chairman Emeritus of the Irish Chamber), followed by an interactive roundtable chat featuring board members and committee chairs, ending with small group networking. Participants are encouraged to be camera-ready!
Networking Tips from our session:
– Ask questions to start a conversation for someone new, start with the basics
– Repeat a person’s name to help remember it
– Business is personal (people generally like to do business with people they like)
– Keep using business cards (when we return to in person events)
– Arrive early and be prepared
– Follow up! Keep contacts and their companies on your radar on social media, Google searches, etc.
– Start networking BEFORE you need a job.
12.00 pm – 1.00 pm: Keynote presentation; Question & Answer session
Webinar – Zoom link will be sent upon registration.
Contact Alanna Barry McCloskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 215.772.3101
– Test your VIDEO and AUDIO prior to the meeting to make sure everything is working properly. Once the meeting is underway it will be impossible for us to troubleshoot.
– Make sure that you are facing the camera and do not have it facing the side of your face.
– Make sure to mute your line if you are not asking questions.
– Treat this like an “in-person” meeting and make sure you are distraction free.
– Be aware that in a video conference the camera is always on. So if you are distracted, it may be disruptive to others.