How Culture Impacts Women and Leadership: A Transatlantic Conversation
In conjunction with the Anne Welsh McNulty Institute for Women’s Leadership at Villanova University and Technological University Dublin
A conversation on some of the most prominent issues of women and leadership today, including the pay gap, work and life, and our growing presence in public leadership roles like elected office and corporate boards, and how the distinct cultures of Ireland and the United States impact how gender and leadership intersect.
We look forward to welcoming members of the Irish-based Women Inspire Network, which is led by Samantha Kelly (one of our featured speakers in our Women in Leadership series) in our conversation.
Professor Yvonne Galligan
Director, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Technological University Dublin
Teresa M. (Terri) Boyer, EdD
Founding Director, Anne Welsh McNulty Institute for Women’s Leadership
Associate Professor, Education and Counseling at Villanova University
Eimear Friel, Deputy Consul General of Ireland, New York
12.00 – 1.00 pm (US) / 5.00 – 6.00 pm (IRE): Conversation; Question & Answer session
Presented virtually – link will be sent upon registration.
Contact Alanna Barry McCloskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 215.772.3101
– Test your VIDEO and AUDIO prior to the meeting to make sure everything is working properly. Once the meeting is underway it will be impossible for us to troubleshoot.
– Make sure that you are facing the camera and do not have it facing the side of your face.
– Make sure to mute your line if you are not asking questions.
– Treat this like an “in-person” meeting and make sure you are distraction free.
– Be aware that in a video conference the camera is always on. So if you are distracted, it may be disruptive to others.