Cross-Atlantic Connections: Trade Mission of Irish Companies Visiting Philadelphia
Highlighting business opportunities in Philadelphia and the Gaeltacht regions of Ireland
April 24th & 25th – Click HERE to view our program from the event.
Click below to view presentations from each our participants.
– Údarás na Gaeltachta
– Office of International Investment at Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
– Select Greater Philadelphia
– IDA Ireland
– The National University of Ireland, Galway
– CLS Complete Lab Solutions/CLS Medpharma
– Westire Technology Limited
– ÉireComposites Teo
– Randox; Click HERE to view Randox’s press release.
Search #CrossAtlanticConnections and #GaeltachtaInPhiladelphia to view social media posts from the events.
Videos viewed at our Symposium
We look forward to welcoming colleagues from Údarás na Gaeltachta for their third visit to the Irish Chamber. Our program of events provides a unique forum for members to expand their networks, meet new potential business partners, and find new investment opportunities. Established in 1980, Údarás na Gaeltachta is the regional authority responsible for the economic, social and cultural development of the Gaeltacht. The overall objective of Údarás na Gaeltachta is to ensure that Irish remains the main communal language of the Gaeltacht and is passed on to future generations. Údarás encourages investment in the Gaeltacht through a range of generous financial and non-financial incentives for new and existing enterprises in the Gaeltacht. Over 7,000 people are currently employed full time in Údarás na Gaeltachta client companies and these companies have a significant a economic impact and make a substantial contribution to the Irish economy. Join us for a special two-day series of events, starting with a welcoming reception and ending with a full slate of presentations and networking opportunities, continental breakfast and luncheon featuring a key-note speaker.
Many thanks to our event sponsors:
The leadership team of Údarás na Gaeltachta will be joined the president of The National University of Ireland, Galway, Dr. Jim Browne, and four of their client companies:
• Saotharlann Chonamara Teo, trades as CLS Complete Lab Solutions/CLS Medpharma Complete Laboratory Solutions (CLS) is the leading provider of sampling and analysis to the food, environmental, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Click HERE to watch a brief video about CLS. Click HERE to read more about CLS.
• Westire Technology Teo Westire Technology Limited (WESTIRE) was initially established as a research and development company and during March of 2016 WESTIRE took-over the core products and assets of SELC Ireland Limited (SELC). Click HERE to read more about Westire.
• ÉireComposites Teo ÉireComposites offers its customers an integrated service including accredited design, innovative tooling, advanced manufacturing, and testing in a single organisation. Click HERE to read more about ÉireComposites.
• Randox Randox is a global leader in healthcare diagnostics; today more than 5% of the world’s population – in excess of 370 million people across 145 countries – receives medical diagnosis using Randox products each year. Click HERE to read more about Randox. Click HERE for Biosciences overview.
• National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway) The National University of Ireland, Galway ranks among the top 2% of Universities in the world. Their prestigious history spans almost two centuries. Their spectacular location boasts the unique landscape and culture of the west of Ireland. Their global network connects them to partners around the world. Their researchers are shaping the future, while their students are shaping their own.
Monday, April 24th: Cocktail & Welcoming Reception at The Pyramid Club 6.00 – 8.30 pm
The Pyramid Club of Philadelphia
The William Penn Room, 52nd floor 1735 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Directions & Parking
Please click HERE for more details.
Tuesday, April 25th: Symposium & Luncheon at The Union League
8.00 am – 2.00 pm
Location The Union League of Philadelphia
The Library Lounge, 2nd floor 140 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Directions & Parking
Please click HERE for more details.
|Acumen Analytics||Newmark Grubb Knight Frank|
|Bank of Ireland||NSM Insurance Group|
|Bernardon||PA Department of Community & Economic Development|
|Breakfree Strategies||Philadelphia International Airport|
|Brennan Technology Ventures||Philadelphia University|
|Bridge View Media||PhillyNews.com|
|Burns White||PMB Marketing LLC|
|Center for International Programs, Saint Joseph’s University||PNC Wealth Management|
|Center for Irish Studies, Villanova University||Post & Schell, P.C.|
|CEO, DDC Works||PPT Consulting|
|Citizen Diplomacy International||Prudential|
|Citizens Bank||Randox Laboratories Ltd.|
|College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Villanova University||SAP|
|Columbus Business Partners||Sea Box, Inc.|
|Complete Laboratory Solutions||Select Greater Philadelphia|
|Duane Morris LLP||SmartInvest Ventures, LLC|
|ÉireComposites Teo||Sterling Investment Advisors|
|First Secretary, Northern Ireland Bureau||Structure Tone LLC|
|Head of Enterprise and Economic Development, Donegal LEO||Suburban Wholesale Lighting|
|Irish Immigration Center||Teleflex|
|KBC Financial Services, Inc.||The Flynn Company|
|KG Associates||The Mayo Association of Philadelphia|
|Laffey Bucci & Kent||TransferMate Global Payments|
|Littler Mendelson, P.C.||U.S. Trust – Bank of America Private Wealth Management|
|Manager, Energy Efficient Programs, PECO||Údarás na Gaeltachta|
|Mazars USA LLP||Volpe and Koenig, P.C.|
|McDay LLC||WBEB 101.1 More FM|
|McKenna’s Irish Kitchen||Wells Fargo|
|McLaughlin & Morgan||Westire Technology|
|Merrill Lynch||Wiley Group|
|National University of Ireland, Galway||Windsor Financial Group|
8.00 AM | Registration, Networking & Breakfast
8.30 AM | Welcome Address – Kevin D. Kent, Chairman, IABCN
8.40 AM | Opening Remarks & Company Introductions Michael Heaney, Director of Enterprise & Employment, Údarás na Gaeltachta
9.10 AM | Westire Technology, Sean Ganley, CEO
9.35 AM | Complete Laboratory Solutions CLS (Saotharlann Chonamara) Evelyn O’Toole, CEO
10.00 AM | Resources Available in PA: Office of International Investment at Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development Jason Hunt, Marketing Executive
10.25 AM | Coffee Break
10.45 AM | ÉireComposites Teo, Tomas Flanagan, Owner
11.20 AM | National University of Ireland, Galway, Dr. Jim Browne, President
11.45 AM | Randox, Mark Campbell, Senior Manager
12.10 PM | Ireland: The US Gateway to Europe: IDA Ireland Patrick McGee, Vice President, Engineering & Industrial Technologies
12.30 PM | Resources available in Philadelphia: Select Greater Philadelphia Meghan Kelly, Director, Business Expansion Services
12.50 PM | Meet the Speakers; Networking Reception
1.20 PM | Luncheon
2.00 PM | Closing Remarks – Bill McLaughlin, Founder & Chairman Emeritus, IABCN
Please contact Alanna Barry McCloskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 215.772.3101.